Tuesday 14 September 2010

Pontispool

Yesterday after we had a quick turnaround from Blenheim Alex and I headed off for Pontispool. We took GI Master Caster (Caster), Dassett Courage (Teddy), Vancouver (Couver) and Querido E (Tosh). All the boys did good tests despite the ground being on the firmer side. Show jumping was in the outdoor school and both Caster and Teddy jumped clear rounds in their sections with Couver rolling one pole. Sadly Tosh was not quite right so I withdrew him them. The others all went cross country nicely and well within themselves. So we were lucky enough to come home with some rosettes.

The organising team had done a good job to put the extra day on and it was very much appreciated by the riders as some of us have been on the road fir a few weeks so it meant that the youngewr horses got a look in.

The final day a Blenheim with Cristal was awesome. He was brilliant cross country and jumped very confidently round his first three star track and I now have high hope for next year. For him his season has ended and he will start his well earned holiday this week. Before he gets roughed off completely he will have a through MOT! Over the next few weeks I will sit down and try and make some kind of plan for him and the others for next season.

The remainder of the week looks remarkably normal....!! Most odd as Alex and I haven't been around, so it will be a shock! At the weekend we head to Gatcombe for the CIC*/** and the Intermediate. All being well the horses will gain their necessary qualifications before heading to Osberton and Weston Park. Meanwhile Alex is off to WEG with team Portugal so Mum, myself and Will and will be busier than normal.

As for 2011 I hope to have two at my first Badminton in the Spring and then some of the younger ones at other three days, bit I will keep you all posted on that note as Winter progresses.

Over the Winter, I hope to head to New Zealand for a couple of weeks to catch up with my family over there and then I will be out and about doing dressage and jumping with those that need it. Fingers crossed it doesn't snow like last year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment