Wednesday 4 June 2014

Tattersalls

Last week we set sail for one of my favourite events, Tattersalls, in Ireland. COOLEY LORD LUX was competing in the CCI* which was his first three day event. PAMERO, CONTROE and OBOS COOLEY were all doing the CCI**.
The 4 boys all travelled over there really well and the weather looked set to be good. Unfortunately we had to withdraw CONTROE before the trotup becuase he just wasn't quite right and with him only being 7 years old we decided to save him for another day, I was so gutted for his lovely owners Karen Bartlett and Margie Gibb. They flew over anyway and were a huge help and great suppport team to my other horses!
COOLEY LORD LUX tried really hard throughout his dressage test and scored 44.8 which left him in 10th place after dressage, he flew round the xc inside the time which moved him up to 9th. I was really pleased with how he showjumped but he had a really unlucky fence down, I didn't hear him even touch it so it was a real shame! He finished up in 12th place which was great for his first CCI*.
OBOS COOLEY was producing a really lovely test but made a couple of mistakes with a lack of concentration at times which left him in 14th place overnight with a score of 47.4. The CCI** cross country was pretty decent and the first water was the same as what the CCI*** horses jumped last year! He gave me a great ride and helped me out when I didn't give him the best ride through the first water... he was clear inside the time which moved him up to 10th place. He jumped one of his best showjumping rounds which meant he ended up in 10th place... he felt very grown up and he now steps up to CIC*** at Barbury!
PAMERO was a superstar, he came here with very little ecperience having only done 3 Intermediates and 2 CIC** but he found the whole event ridiculously easy! I was over the moon with his dressage but a little disappointed with his mark of 41.3 as I felt he deserved better marks.. this left him in 8th overnight. I was nervous setting out on xc becasue I think an awful lot of this horse and was hoping it wasn't too big an ask for his lack of experience, but he made it feel like a pre-novice!! He nearly had me in tears coming through the finish line after jumping clear inside the time and showing me just how exciting he is for the future! He lay in 6th place overnight. I was really cross with myself becasue he had a rail down the next day which was my fault because I just turned a bit tight and didn't get him straight off the turn, so he came down on the back rail of an oxer... this dropped him into 7th place. I was thrilled with his whole performance though and really hope he gets selected for Le Lion 7yo World Championships at the end of the year now!

I'm so lucky to have some really lovely young horses who all performed brilliantly... Roll on the rest of the season!

PAMERO - 7th CCI**

COOLEY LORD LUX - 12th CCI*
 
OBOS COOLEY - 10th CCI**

No comments:

Post a Comment