Monday 1 March 2010

Busy week ahead....

On Saturday I took Jitterbug, Uno di Landro and Noble Bestman to Addington for the JAS Final. Jitterbug excelled herself and won the Novice final. Noble Bestman was 5th in the novice too. Uno di Landro didn't disgrace himself and finished 5th in the pre-novice final, I just picked up a couple of time faults with him. In the Open Jitterbug wasn't feeling herself and had a couple of rails down and a couple of time. Noble Bestman also had a fence down with some time faults. But I was extremely happy with all three horses before the start of the season next week.



(Noble Bestman collecting Jitterbugs winning prize at the JAS Championships)

Then after a quick turnaround Alex and I left on Sunday morning to Crofton Manor for some BSJA jumping. We took Vancouver, Ginger May Killinghurst, GI Master Caster, Fernhill Cristal and Royal Hilarity. This was the new lorry full..... A good day was had and the weather was not as bad as forecast and everyone jumped some clear rounds. We even came home with some rosettes!! When we returned home I managed to show off Gino to some potential customers for him. He is my 4 year old stallion that I have been bringing on this winter with the plan to sell him on. He is beautifully bred and will make a fantastic competition horse. He has the most phenomenal jump, matched by super balanced paces> It is going to be very hard to part with him!



The rest of the week will be spent aiming towards my first event of the season at Isleham. On Wednesday, Nick Burton is coming to put me and the horses through our paces on the flat. If the weather holds up I will try and take a couple more cross country schooling on Thursday. On Friday, Yogi is coming to the yard to put a few of the horses through their paces. I normally try and do 6-7 horses with Yogi to make the most of his expertise. Then in the evening I am returning to Addington Manor to jump Jitterbug in the British Open Indoor Qualifier. Sometime this week I also have to fit in an outing to the gallops, not quite sure when! Luckily I have an extra pair of hands on the yard this week, Natalie has come to join Collett Eventing for some work experience. We are very grateful for all her hard work. Mum and Felicity have been brilliant in the cold weather and surprisingly both in high spirits considering how cold it has been…



More updates after Isleham, fingers crossed that the weather continues to improve and that we get a run at the weekend! Speak soon

No comments:

Post a Comment